[TowerTalk] Tower Installtion Question

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 16 12:43:54 EST 2015

On 1/16/15 8:03 AM, Wilson wrote:
> Since we have trees fall all the time, and they are not permitted, why not just say that if the fall circle of the tower is clear of habitation then the tower needs no permit.
> I think the regulators are running away with this.  Who cares if a 30’ tower falls?
> And everyone who has seen a 139m/hr gust please raise your hands.

Trees and "things of nature" are typically not handled the same as
"constructions of man" and never have been in zoning and safety regulations.

There *are* cases where a tree may be dangerous and the city requires
removal.  And in my area, there are only certain kinds of trees allowed
in certain areas (mostly where it may impact public fixtures like sidewalks)

> And if 139mi/hr winds do come, there will be a lot more to worry about than ham towers!
> A falling traffic light is far more “dangerous”.

And the public works agencies also have to meet appropriate standards.
The vigor of enforcement may not be as high<grin>