[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: RF Ground is a Myth

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 10:39:45 EST 2015

On 1/20/15 7:13 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:
> If your house slab was installed correctly with a vapor barrier and/or
> foam insulation, then it is insulated electrically from earth.

In the middle, yes.. so it forms a big capacitor plate.

But, around the edges, your slab is still in contact with the soil.  My
house slab is about 50 feet long and 30 feet wide, so I've got 260
running feet of contact, with at least 1 foot of concrete exposed.

I can't remember exactly how deep the footing edges go, but it's about
12-18" and at least 8" wide, then it pops back up to the 4" thick post
tension slab in the middle.  Only the 4" slab part has the vapor barrier.