[TowerTalk] Fwd: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: RF Ground is a Myth

Stephen Lee gwy4ever at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 01:54:06 EST 2015

Yes, as an unwitting 9-year old under the supervision of my mother, I
did perform that experiment way back in the summer of 1958.  Much was
learned: a) my being was electrically conductive , b) bare concrete
floors also conduct electricity, and c) sadly, mom was not as
all-knowing as I had heretofore imagined.  Vacuuming my room, had
finished then removed the plug from the outlet.  That's when one of the
two prongs pulled out of the plug and remained seated in the outlet. Mom
said it wouldn't hurt me, to just pull it out.  Upon completing the path
between the energized prong and ground (concrete floor), I vividly
recall being stuck there for several seconds.  In hindsight I suppose
mom had a 50% probability of being correct (US house wiring).

Stephen Lee,  N7RV