[TowerTalk] RF Ground is a Myth

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Jan 23 09:49:28 EST 2015

What works better with a RF ground?  I have not used one in over a decade.

John KK9A

To:	Hans Hammarquist <hanslg at aol.com>
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] RF Ground is a Myth
From:	Brian Carling <bcarling at cfl.rr.com>
Date:	Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:51:51 -0500

Somebody could conclude from this that you should not bother grounding your
equipment in the shack if you using a dipole or another antenna that does not
work against ground.

However I can think of several different reasons why it's a good idea to use
the typical grounding scheme that has been recommended for amateur radio use
for many decades now. You ground each piece of equipment in the shack as
recommended. For me it just makes things work a lot better. So it is doing
something more than just lightning protection.

Best regards - Brian Carling
Mr. Empirical