[TowerTalk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Wed Jan 28 13:57:55 EST 2015

The old rule of thumb for lightning protection from over head
dissipation devices (high metal roofs, lightning rods, grounded towers,
etc. is a 30 degree cone angle.  This is NOT a guarantee but a
tendency.  I think more is better and would not find fault with a ground
wire a ways above coax or control leads but would encourage ground rods
along the way so as to not encourage a great deal of coupling between
lightning generated ground wire and "other" conductors below it.

Patrick  NJ5G  (now stand by for a total debunking of my comments...)