[TowerTalk] Receiver protectors and intermod, harmonics, etc.

Don Moman VE6JY ve6jy.1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 12:20:32 EDT 2015

The spectrum is clean (using the Perseus SDR) from any mixing products
until the RG5000 is put in line. Most of the time, the weak signal  lw and
mw spectrum is of interest so I don't want to remove or attenuate it.   The
RG5000 was intended to protect multiple on line SDR's that serve a variety
of remote users on several different sdr platforms.  The Wellbrook serves
as an excellent all band rx loop from 10 khz and upwards and is typically
on 24/7 so wanted to protect the downstream receivers a bit better than my
homebrew diode limiter but not if it produces the mixing products.

73 Don