[TowerTalk] rotator cable

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Jul 5 19:07:30 EDT 2015

I prefer the Winchester "type", or similar connectors.
Like Hy-Gain uses on the Tail Twister, Although I don't like spur gear
reduction units as used in the ham series, they are relatively cheap and
make good spare or temporary rotators.  They work well with smaller antennas

The Winchester type connectors (surplus), or all plastic can be in line
connectors, or a panel mount with the plug on the cable.  I prefer that
all disconnected wires that stay in the shack be grounded for lightening
protection.  The newer, plastic versions of these connectors are
virtually a quick disconnect and a spare connector with all wires
grounded can be used to quickly ground all wires from the rotator.

I use these connectors at both ends of the rotator cable---When the
station is up and running.

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 7/5/2015 7:01 AM, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
> Hi,
> what type of cable do you guys use to connect the rotator back to the
> controller in the shack? And what connectors are easy enough to use to
> provide a quick disconnect for when the radios are not in use?
>
> Pf

Roger (K8RI)

---