[TowerTalk] rotator cable

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Jul 6 03:42:47 EDT 2015

The Cinch Jones type are handy, but unless held together with a spring
retainer, or taped, they come apart too easily..  A snap flat spring
retainer, or wire clip comes off quickly with none of the drawback of
tape.  Of course the clips aren't waterproof.  Likewise I use Davis RF
and the wire man for cables and most connectors.  I'm uneasy with the
isea of connectors off e-bay.

73

Roger  (K8RI)

On 7/5/2015 9:07 PM, Mickey Baker wrote:
> The Wireman, K1CRA and others  stock various control cables at
> reasonable prices:
>
> https://thewireman.com/rotorp.html
> https://www.k1cra.com/searchresults.asp?cat=2009
> http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-004483
> (Sorry if I left someone out.)
>
> The choice is primarily the size of the conductors. Figure out the
> length of wire that you need and refer to the operating manual of your
> rotator for the size cable you need. Bigger is better, I use wire with
> 2 16 Gauge and 6 18 Gauge wires for a 120 foot run for my TailTwister.

---