[TowerTalk] M2 Orion 2800 Rebuild?

Les Kalmus w2lk at bk-lk.com
Mon Jul 6 07:31:43 EDT 2015

Hi Rob,

They're easy to work on. The outer shell has an upper and lower part
with a plate between.
The shaft and its large gear and the limit switches are above the plate
and the motor and reduction gear train are below.
The bottom of the clamp sits on a thrust bearing in the top half of the
shell that may need some work to free up if that's what's rusty.

You need to be careful disassembling things so you can reassemble them
correctly. There aren't any loose ball bearings as far as I remember.
On mine, the gear box and motor were filthy, probably the dirtiest,
greasiest job I have ever done and I've done a few cars and tractors.

I have a few pictures I can send you and some tips if you are interested
but at the moment I need to leave for an appointment so no time to write
it all out.

73, Les W2LK