[TowerTalk] Fwd: FW: Fwd: Worm Gears

Ron W8RJL youngron at verizon.net
Thu Jul 16 15:28:12 EDT 2015

Yep, Stiction Friction. Learned about it back in early 60's when we had to
send a "dither" signals to gyros to overcome Stiction Friction and improve
accuracy (missile program). What's the old saying, things at rest tend to
stay at rest and things in motion like to keep moving or something like that
;-)
Ron W8RJL