[TowerTalk] Topband: 4SQ antennas directions

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jul 20 17:51:01 EDT 2015

I agree. And another question -- "will a vertical or horizontal antenna
be more effective and your QTH?" Take a look at

http://k9yc.com/VertOrHorizontal-Slides.pdf

Vertically polarized antennas are strongly dependent on the quality of
the soil, while horizontally polarized antennas are not.  If you have
poor soil (rocky, or sandy) you don't want a vertical on most bands
(except 160M).

73, Jim K9YC