[TowerTalk] Tower Installation Questions

Daniel Hileman n9wx at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:04:47 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I am thinking of going with an AN Wireless HD70 or 80...probably with a TH-11 Hy-gain at around 70' and a 3 element 40M Yagi @ 85'. This is all new to me, and I am going to bring in people of experience (probably a crane to raise tower and yagis), however, I do have a question about mast raising. How do you winch or raise a mast from the top of the tower...say you install a yagi, then want to hoist the mast up with the upper yagi? How is this done from the top of the tower?

Thanks and 73,
Dan N9WX