[TowerTalk] AN Wireless

Ed Karl edk0kl at centurytel.net
Sat Jul 25 18:17:44 EDT 2015

I have a 90 ft AN Wireless, thrust bearing on top with an Optibeam 5
band antenna (big).

I assembled the antenna on horses on the ground. Then raised the horses
to 10 feet with 2x4s. I then
installed the mast, truss etc. The thrust bearing comes in 2 parts, one
on the tower top, the other a ring
that squeezes the mast into the bearing face. I suspended this ring on
the mast with wire.

The rotor shelf, rotor and rotor cable to the elect box with the
lightening arrester assembly was
mounted on the tower. The tower was set by the crane having been already
assembled. The antenna was
lifted, the mast slid through the thrust bearing and nested in the
rotor. Approximate North was
known, the antenna turned and set.  No messing with a truss at the top
of the tower, not bolting
mounting plates, etc.

Simple, still in operation 8 years later.

Good Luck, we're all counting on you!

ed K0KL

---