[TowerTalk] Remote Tuner with ZS6BKW or OCF Antenna

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jul 29 13:14:54 EDT 2015

On Wed,7/29/2015 9:39 AM, Phil Coley wrote:
> Well, guess I'm wasting my time here trying to get some legitimate help.

Sorry you feel that way. Take a look at the pdf files about antennas at
k9yc.com/publish.htm

Then there's the ARRL Handbook and the ARRL Antenna Book, which is what
most of us learned from.

The antennas you've described are poor choices. I told you that. A tuner
does not make them work better, remote or otherwise. All a tuner does is
get the transmitter to put RF into the feedline. When the antenna is
mismatched to the feedline, which it is on most bands, most of the power
heats up the coax.

I'm 73 years old and have been through cancer too. I've got a nice
antenna farm, thanks to a lot of help from my friends. That's what hams
do -- we help each other.

There are several useful devices for getting wires high in trees without
leaving the ground. Three of them are shown on slides 40-42 in

http://k9yc.com/LimitedSpaceAntennasPPT.pdf

And when we take the time to nurture a younger person in ham radio, we
may be able to call on them for help with that physical stuff we can no
longer do.

73, Jim K9YC