[TowerTalk] Soldering on the Tower

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Thu Jul 30 09:06:18 EDT 2015

What you are describing is a catalytic heater not unlike the lighter
fluid fueled pocket warmers.  No actual flame just fuel oxidizing and
releasing heat at the site of the catalyst (platinum or...)  I have a
very small butane powered one of these suitable for "micro" soldering on
circuit boards but useless for big jobs like a PL-259 in a winter wind.

Patrick   NJ5G