[TowerTalk] Looking for HFTA assistance

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 3 13:37:29 EDT 2015

My experience is that the first 1000 ft of radi is critical and that 100
foot pings are not sufficient.  In my case, to EU, my 2 towers radi are
essentially flat for about 60 ft and then drop 120 ft in elevation at a 45
deg angle before leveling off for about 1000ft and then after rising about
60 ft drop again at a shallower angle for 3000 - 4000ft by another 500 ft of
elevation.

I have 25 ft pings for 500 ft outward radi and then 100 ft points for
another 700ft pf radi and then 250 ft points for the next 4000 ft.

Adding stuff beyond 5000 ft I found had literally no impact on my models.
They might if you are staring at a 4000 ft mountain a few miles away. But in
my case its open horizon until about 10 miles where there are then a
mountain line that is about 1000 - 1300 ft elevation above the base of my
tower.  They are too far out to matter for meaningful angles to EU.  1
degree of blockage is not much concern to EU from W1.

Ed  N1UR