[TowerTalk] Fulton K1550 / K2550 Swap: Cable Question

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Thu Jun 4 15:07:54 EDT 2015

All:

I recently replaced the Fulton K1550 winch on my U.S. Tower rasing
fixture with a Fulton K2550. It was a direct swap so I didn't have to
modify mounting plate.

My only concern is that the wider spool of the K2550 has 2 layers of
cable on it so it will be down to last layer when the tower is tilted over.

Although most of the last layer will still be on the spool, I need to be
sure that it provides enough grip to safely lower and raise the tower.
The K1550 had 3 1/2 layers to work with.

So should I leave it as is or buy a longer cable?

Tony