[TowerTalk] Fulton K1550 / K2550 Swap: Cable Question

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Fri Jun 5 11:46:53 EDT 2015

More wraps is more holding power but you reach diminishing returns
rather quickly and then there is the issue of reduced capability due to
the thickness of layers reducing your leverage. There is a tradeoff
between these two effects but not usually a problem.  My engineer buddy
chewed me out for excessive starter wraps and counseled me to  not go
above 6-8 wraps of cable  or 3-4 wraps if "rope tailed" (sailboat stuff.)

Patrick    NJ5G