[TowerTalk] Looking for a TB4 bearing - need not be pretty

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Jun 7 23:53:06 EDT 2015

Hi Bart,

Lets see...Feel like a washboard gravel road. I had two and they felt
that way to me when new.  They definitely do not feel like you expect a
bearing of that price to feel.  They've since picked up a bit of wear.
Wear as in the top section sets down on the base real tight and the
inside of the bottom race is now like a razor. IOW, they are shot!

There are much better bearings with 2 and 4 hole mounts for a half to a
third (or less) cost, complete with zerk(s)  There are those using
centering bolts, or the off center locking collar.  They are available
in SS as well for a bit more money.

Try bearings.com or something similar.  I can't find the original links

73

Roger (K8RI)