[TowerTalk] AN Structures towers

Ira Lipton wa2oax at toast.net
Sat Jun 20 11:05:49 EDT 2015

I had an LD80 erected by KC1XX about 7 years ago. It did require a lot
of concrete--I think the base dimensions are 11 X 11 X 6. No problems
with supporting several large stacked beams on a very windy hilltop
site.

I do notice that the tower takes on a bit of a list depending the
direction of the prevailing wind. If you look carefully at the
original photos supplied by AN, it's clear that there is a small space
between the ends of the vertical struts. Although I am not a
structural engineer, I believe the tower was intentionally designed to
shift slightly in high winds. I had all the bolts torqued after I
first noticed that the tower was slightly out of plumb, but it made no
difference.

Ira   WA2OAX