[TowerTalk] Worm Gears

Robert Harmon k6uj at pacbell.net
Tue Jun 30 18:52:49 EDT 2015

I dont want sabotage our worm gear discussion but wanted to throw in a
question about gear lube for a worm gear box.    I am going to change the gear oil in my US tower
box.  It is a Hub City worm gear.  Thinking of using a Mobil 1 Synthetic gear lube,  a PAG type.
Dont ask me what the PAG means but Hub City recomends a PAG synthetic.  Any one used a
synthetic ?

Bob
K6UJ