[TowerTalk] 80 mts four square or yagi?

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Mar 10 09:19:55 EDT 2015

The *magic* of 1X/2X spacing is that it tends to cancel the second
vertical lobe.  Depending on your takeoff angle needs, this might not be
a good thing, but on the other hand if you can switch to use just the
lower antenna you'll find that it emphasizes the same angles that the
stack cancels. You might look at 50/100 ft spacing too.  HFTA's problems
with close spacing begin *much* closer than that - IIRC, <10 ft.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.