[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Grounding/Bonding Lessons Learned

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Mar 30 22:03:09 EDT 2015

 From a corrosive standpoint, depending on the metal,  the potassium
nitrate is far more corrosive than sulfur.

Pyrodex is a "progressive" burning powder similar to that used in modern
firearms.   The higher the pressure the faster it burns. It also a lot
cleaner than real black powder.  It was just making an appearance when I
was in the business, so it was a long time ago and not a lot of
experience.  Ignite a keg of modern powder and it will pop the cap off
If you ever see a cardboard container, even a 1# can of real black
powder, it makes a lot of noise (check the internet)

I had an FFL in the 70's and they'd come around  once or twice a year to
check the books, but the last few years I was in business I never saw
them.   I didn't keep enough powder on hand to require a magazine.  They
liked my record keeping and out of something like 4 or 5 visits never
had a complaint.

  Back in the 70's I sold and serviced ham gear and firearms in addition
to having a full time day job.  I'm way out of date on both and quit the
day job  (Industrial instrumentation) for college at age 47. Then got a
job I really enjoyed.

73

Roger (K8RI)