[TowerTalk] Rotating tower guying question

Andre VanWyk via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Sun May 3 19:07:48 EDT 2015

I am about to start construction on my new 165ft Rohn 55G rotating tower. My anchors are 180ft out from the base.

My question is: Just how much is using Phillystrand cable buying me versus using EHS cable broken up with insulators?

I don't want to cut corners on this installation but the cost on the EHS is far lower than Philly and I am sure the lifespan is much longer too.

How about using Philly for 50% out from the tower bearings and then EHS for the remaining 50% down towards the anchors?

Any comments / thoughts would be appreciated.

73's
NJ0F

Sent from my iPad