[TowerTalk] Johnson matchbox with coax feed line ?

w5gn at mxg.com w5gn at mxg.com
Sat May 9 14:09:25 EDT 2015

Mine works great.  I feed my rooftop vertical with the KW Matchbox
because in some parts of some bands the SWR causes Amp drop out.

Long ago, when computer monitors were CRTs, I had my IBM monitor
physically touching the side of the KW Matchbox and we had a
nearby strike that itself did no damage, but apparently the
currents on the surface of the Matchbox interacted with the
CRT which dumped a spike that took out the video driver on
that motherboard, and then use the LAN cables to take out
three other motherboards and five LAN hubs.

Barry, W5GN