[TowerTalk] Rohn towers

greenacres113 at charter.net greenacres113 at charter.net
Sun May 10 11:29:12 EDT 2015

	The 4 Rohn 25 towers I have up I mounted the rotor plale in the area
between sections. Between the top section & the next one from the top.
A lot depends on the rotor plate. Some generic plates have the U bolts
welded on & that's the only way to mount them. It's easier if you can
to mount the rotor plate in that joint area & put a Ham series on the
plate before putting the top section on. It turns freely in that area.
On my R45 the Tailtwister has lots of turning room. My R45 has a
thrust bearing on top. It was easier to mount the rotor mid top
section then lower the mast thru the thrust bearing into the rotor. We
used a manlift which made it simple.

	K9IL