[TowerTalk] Mounting Ham IV vs Yaesu SDX 2800

K0DAN k0dan at comcast.net
Thu May 14 16:20:29 EDT 2015

Sure, get a piece of paper and use it to make a template of both bolt hole
patterns. Be sure it is carefully drawn, and be careful the "center" =
"center". The drill the new holes as needed. About 20 years ago I drilled a
Ham-M rotor plate to add holes for the Yaesu pattern. I don't remember the
details but it was fairly straightforward and I think I was able to retain
one of the original holes and add two more to make it work. I think maybe
one hole was just slightly enlarged. I added some washers & split washers,
has worked fine ever since. YMMV.

73

dan
k0dan