[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Mounting Ham IV vs Yaesu SDX 2800

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri May 15 19:05:23 EDT 2015

I slotted a custom designed 0.25" thick plate for an R65 tower to handle
both Yaesu and Ham IV.  The slot was 0.44" wide and 0.232" center to
center of the end mill travel.  So, it is next to impossible to drill a
second hole since it overlaps the existing hole.  A carbide burr or file
are your options although you might start with a smaller diameter hole
that doesn't overlap the existing one.  Yaesu uses 8mm bolts, be sure
they don't bottom in the casting with the thinner HDX mounting plate.
The 0.44" slot width was for subsequent hot dip galvanizing of the
plate, you don't need that width for 8mm or Ham IV 3/8" bolts.

Grant KZ1W