[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: sealing PL259's

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Thu May 28 10:37:30 EDT 2015

Just to point it out if it is not common knowledge, but straight threads are incapable of self sealing by their very nature.  Tapered threads are required to obtain the mechanical interference needed to obtain a seal. Compounds and tape help, but a proper pipe joint should seal without them.

On the other hand, UHF connectors leak everywhere, so it seems kind of pointless to me to pay any special attention to the threads.

Al
AB2ZY