[TowerTalk] Max antenna weight

Dave Leisman w8qwdave at casair.net
Sun Nov 1 15:15:44 EST 2015

I have a HyGain Tailtwister rotor mounted inside seven sections of Rohn 45.  I plan on placing a 10 foot mast into the rotor (2" O.D.
galvanized steel pipe), through a heavy duty thrust bearing, and on the mast, a HyGain TH-11 (not exactly a featherweight itself).
My question is:  How much weight will the Tailtwister rotor handle?

Is potentially this too much weight?  I have been told that the HyGain rotors will handle up to 1000 lbs of weight.  While I'm not
close tot hat weight, this is a heavy amount.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave, W8QW