[TowerTalk] Ugly Baun

Russ Dearmore champsruss at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 01:06:50 EST 2015

I've been using the ugly balun for several years now ever since frying my older one and have been pleased and was wondering what others thought of them.  I'm a day away from the big pour and will raise the new TX-472 in about 30 days, and thought of maybe trying another balun since I'll be experimenting anyway.  For awhile I'll just keep using my TGM MQ-26, (10, 12, 15, 17 and 20) to see how raising it from 32' to 82' will affect results.  Later I'll probably put a 20M M Squared 3 element mono at about 73 feet or 9' below it, since I'm seeking a broader bandwidth on 20m for contesting.  So any recommendations on a different balun?   My Heroes Wear Combat Boots!