[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Climber harness ???

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 20 14:48:26 EST 2015

I bought an on sale 2 D ring harness, shock absorbing lanyards and rebar
hooks (fits around tower legs) from whitecap.com.  Quality was good and
total cost was around $250.  They have many choices.  For the deluxe
setup consider a tree climbing rig from from a forestry supplier, more D
rings, padded seat, but 3 to 6x the price.  These links will give you an
idea of what to buy.

http://www.whitecap.com/shop/p/protecta-pro-sm-construction-harness-with-back---side-d-rings-hip-pad---belt-tongue-buckle-leg-straps-1191208

http://www.whitecap.com/shop/p/protecta-pro-pack-6-100%25-tie-off-twin-leg-shock-absorbing-lanyard-with-carabiners-1340060
(one lanyard always attached when climbing, goes to rear D ring)

http://www.whitecap.com/shop/p/guardian-2-3-8-3600-lb-ansi-gate-rebar-hook-01823

In addition to the above a short tie to tower line is needed when not
climbing.  Thru and/or around the tower back to the D rings. Frequently
1/2" nylon rope to locking carabiners.

Grant KZ1W