[TowerTalk] How to "lock down" wire rope clamps/clips?

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Fri Nov 27 16:38:06 EST 2015

Nicopress sleeves.

Ken K6MR

From: kr2q at optimum.net
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2015 08:48
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to "lock down" wire rope clamps/clips?

Over the years, it seems that most antenna manufacturers have moved to using some form
of Nylock nuts (the nuts with the nylon insert for "high vibration" applications).

I have seen this on my Cushcraft XM series monobanders, on my Optibeams, and most recently
on my SteppIR (DB36).

With respect to the latter, the cable clips just use a single nut to compress down on the wire
cable. There is no locking nut, no lock washer, no Nylock, etc.

Why is this?  I have heard from others that this can be, and has been, a point of failure.

What method would you suggest to ensure that these wire rope clamps do not loosen up over time?  Just electrical tape?

RSVP

Thanks
de Doug KR2Q