[TowerTalk] Interaction with the Optibeam 16-3

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Oct 1 22:20:09 EDT 2015

Depending on the band and height to determine the segment lengths, I
started with relatively short lengths and made them progressively longer
as I went down making sure to avoid resonant lengths and stay shorter
than resonant lengths for the first wave lenfth, but that was before
modeling software was available. I have since gone to Phillystran where
only the last 10 to 15 feet are steel.

People talk of stretch, but even with the big array on top, I've been
"up there"(at the top of the 100' 45G) when it was too windy to be on
the safe side, yet I could feel no movement.

"They say" to never look down, but on a partly cloudy and windy day, I'd
say, "Never look up"

73

Roger (K8RI)