[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800S Controller

Charles Farr cefarr at hughes.net
Fri Oct 2 13:19:00 EDT 2015

I have been using a Yaesu G-800S controller to run my CATS RD-1800Y
rotator for 14 years. Rotator is fine. Yaesu controller, not so much.

When I opened the controller up, I found the rubber belt had stretched
to the point where it no longer ran the gear chain that drives the
pointer. I, with much difficulty, replaced the belt with a suitable
O-ring from the hardware store. In the process I must have mis-aligned
something, because it no longer functions as an indicator. I does,
however turn the rotator.

An email to Yaesu, reveals that they no longer service that particular
model. Apparently, no one does.

I seem to have several options: Find another G-series Yaesu controller,
(probably the cheapest, least work involved, as any G-series will work);
find someone with the needed documentation and experience to repair my
controller; or invest a substantial amount of money in a Green Heron
controller.

So, does anyone have a working G-xxxx Yaesu controller they'd be willing
to sell to me? Is there anyone known to have the experience to
repair/align my G-800S?

If you have a working Yaesu G-xxxx controller for sale, please contact
me directly.

Thanks!

73
Chuck, W6AJW