[TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM-240 problem

Russ Dearmore champsruss at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 11:29:10 EDT 2015

Steve,  I was having similar problems in which logic was no help and it turned out that my MFJ antenna analyzer was bad.  Since then my bread and butter analyzer is the iPortable iP60z.  I now have 2 analyzers and it has saved me a lot of time for sure.

Also once when I was really stumped it turned out that I had fried my coax switching relay.  After that I use single coax runs exclusively.  Both problems produced weird resonance dips.  These problems shouldn't have been that hard to figure out but I made it a real circus by trusting bad equipment.  Hopefully you have been able to verify your test equipment and they are good.  Sorry if my reply is too simplistic....  Russ     K5ZZR   My Heroes Wear Combat Boots!