[TowerTalk] Placement of coaxial matching stub at yagi feedpoint

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Tue Oct 13 10:44:58 EDT 2015

what kind of matching network does that use??  if it doesn't have something like a gamma or something else with one side connected to the boom then I wouldn't use a stub match like that.

a general note for open circuit stubs:
cut the center conductor back about 1/2", insulate the end of it with something that won't melt, then solder the shield closed over it.  this leaves it as an open circuit but stops noise from the shield from getting coupled into the stub.