[TowerTalk] what is 'circular tie' as is used in a towers concrete base?

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Tue Oct 20 11:29:37 EDT 2015

Rohn says to use 8 #7 rebar (SERIOUSLY! 7/8”!!) ... and then it shows ‘#4 circular ties 2 1/2” OC with 2” cover with 24” laps’

huh?

I’ve always just dug a hole – usually around 3 x 3 x 3 ... put the tower section in (with temp guys) ... put in a few pieces of 1/2” re bar and been done with it .... but now I have to follow the Rohn specifications which seem onerous at best (I know, I know – guys that say “follow it to the letter”) ... and I’ve no clue what #4 circular tie is. SURELY its not #4 rebar BENT in a circle!?

Googling so far hasn’t shown me anything that helps.

Gary
K9RX