[TowerTalk] LPFM STL

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Thu Oct 22 11:38:34 EDT 2015

> Another list member sent me this useful path design utility for the AirMax
> product but appears useful for other systems.
>
> https://airlink.ubnt.com/#/

Very interesting and it agrees within 1 dB of what I actually see on
my 5.6 mile link. I wasn't aware of this simple tool as I modelled
my links the hard way using Radio Mobile software. :-\

To give a quick answer to the original question Paul asked, I would
say if you have line of sight and barring any fresnel zone problems
12 miles is very easy. I would expect 30+ miles no problem.

Incidentally I have never seen a fade of more than 3 dB on my path
in any weather conditions.

Paul