[TowerTalk] Inverted vee

Don k9muf at comcast.net
Thu Oct 22 19:46:25 EDT 2015

Carol,

By using the standard formula for a dipole of 468 divided by the freq in mhz,  and using the difference between the 2 frequencies will get you very close. This is not the correct formula for
an inverted V because that formula will depend on the angle between the two legs of the V.
However the difference between the two frequencies of either a straight dipole and an inverted V
will be very small.

For example 468 divided by 3.515 = 133.14 ft. and 468 divided by 3.615 = 129.46 ft.
133.14 -129.46 = 3.68 ft. or about 3 ft. and 8 in. should be added to the total length.

Don,  K9MUF

----- Original Message -----From: Carol Richards <n2mm at comcast.net>To: towertalk at contesting.comSent: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 21:21:33 -0000 (UTC)Subject: [TowerTalk] Inverted vee

Hello,

I have an inverted vee up about 100 feet. It resonates at 3615. From past experience, how much should I add to each leg to get it down to 3515?

Thanks,

Carol