[TowerTalk] Inverted vee

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 02:47:44 EDT 2015

I used the free calculator for a cage dipole on smeter.net to design my 80m inv vee. I added 5 feet for tuning purposes, and the VSWR low spot moved down to about 3625 KHz from 3750 KHz. The 2:1 VSWR point is at /just/ 4000 KHz. It's 1.2:1 at 3500 and 1.8:1 at 3900. Since I almost never go above 3900 KHz, I left it alone.
I removed the choke at the feedpoint and added a vacuum relay in a weatherproof box at the bottom of the feedline. That allows me to drive it as a Tee antenna on 160m (against a ground plane). My TS850SAT's ATU easily tunes it, and I've worked the other coast many times barefoot.
vy 73 es gl,Bryan WA7PRChttp://tinyurl.com/wa7prc-80m-160m