[TowerTalk] Laws of Physics Repealed!

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Oct 23 16:39:56 EDT 2015

Same here.  I had an R5 (bought new) on top of my flat roof house for a
couple of years, and it was by far the very worst performing antenna I
have ever owned.  I finally put up a single 16 foot vertical using the
same coax, connectors, etc, with random wires spread across the roof for
a counterpoise of sorts, and it was light years better.  Seeing what was
inside the little "matching box" on the R5 told the tale.

I ended up selling the R5 to a guy who really wanted it, and I felt
guilty doing so.

Dave   AB7E