[TowerTalk] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Thu Sep 17 23:01:00 EDT 2015

OK, Ken... here is the standard disclaimer....  Ignore what I say but
listen carefully to what I mean.

Aluminum coated steel wire sold for electric fence wire will take
considerable tension and works pretty good for antennas.  Not as
"perfect" as copper but not as expensive by a long shot.  I think the
160 meter kit by Hy-Gain for use on their Hy-Tower (the 160m kit with
the 40m trap) is aluminum coated steel wire.

Patrick        NJ5G