[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Steady Hand On The Stick Wow!!!!!

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 25 10:59:33 EDT 2015

One more off topic

Hurricane Gloria put about 25 sailboats way into the marsh in my home
port of Marion, MA.  In the old days, they would dredge to the boat and
float it out in the dredged canal.  A definite no-no now. My yard hired
a logging SkyCrane from OR ($50k transcontinental flight) and hoisted
all of them (20k lb max so some had to be stripped) onto land if there
was a hull breach or back into the harbor.  It took 3 hours to recover
all the boats!  Quite a sight with a 40' sailboat with its mast slung
under it.  My sailboat was safely moored + anchored and my further
inland TH7DX survived ok.

Grant KZ1W