[TowerTalk] Expected VSWR of antenna near the ground

Doug Ronald doug at dougronald.com
Mon Sep 28 18:28:31 EDT 2015

I e-mailed with VE6FI some time ago after searching to see who else may have
one of these antenna systems. He mentioned that they had to add a friction
break at the twin tower base to keep the antenna from free-wheeling in high
winds. USAP assures me they have these world-wide, some experiencing
hurricanes, and haven't received any reports of that happening.

I have documented the multi-year effort of assembling this antenna/tower
system on W6DSR.com: Projects-->LPDA Antenna. It takes a bit longer when
only one person puts it together. I add on as I make progress.

-W6DSR
P.S. Also on that site are some tube-related parts I am trying to get rid
of. If you have any interest in tubes for your final, take a look...