[TowerTalk] Interaction with the Optibeam 16-3

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Sep 30 02:50:30 EDT 2015

I have an OB16-3 at 73 feet and an OB2-40 at 83 feet ... both have been
up since 2008.  Shortly after I installed them I ran pattern profiles of
both antennas with the help of K9RX, who back then lived about 30 miles
away from me line of sight (we both lived on high ground with lower
ground between us).  The pattern profiles matched almost exactly the
EZNEC+ plots I had been given by DF2BO, as well as the EZNEC+ plots I
ran myself using physical measurements of the antennas I made before I
raised them.  The SWR plots were as expected as well.

The OB2-40 does, of course, include decoupling stubs specifically
designed to minimize interaction between the two antennas on 15m, and as
best I can tell they do the job adequately.

73,
Dave   AB7E