[TowerTalk] CMC-230-5K

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Apr 19 19:41:39 EDT 2016

Hi John,

The answer is no if you have already grounded the coax before it gets
into the shack (for example, in an entry panel).

But as I noted in my response to K6UJ, there are good reasons for using
an additional choke on the coax outside the shack -- to improve power
handling by dividing common mode voltage between two chokes, or to have
a second choke serve as an "egg insulator" to prevent interaction with a
nearby vertical antenna by break up the feedline.

73, Jim K9YC