[TowerTalk] Brake Winch

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Apr 20 22:50:49 EDT 2016

On 4/20/2016 6:37 PM, Wilson wrote:
> The brake winches look very useful, but what happens when your tiltover is near vertical
> and the tension drops to near zero, maybe even actually zero?
> Wilson
> W4BOH

On my ~4,000 pound HDX-5106, I put a small jack*
under the tower to let it down easy after it
reaches the tipping point.  Also, the jack is
used to lift up the tower to get it over the
tipping point when tilting it down.  Another
reason for having the jack is keep the holes
lined up while inserting or removing the bolts.

(*"aluminum racing jack" at Harbor Freight)

Rick N6RK