[TowerTalk] CMC-230-5K

Kevin Stover kevin.stover at mediacombb.net
Sat Apr 23 11:46:25 EDT 2016

K9YC,

What happens when it works?
Balun Designs has been making chokes like that for a few years now.
No great up swelling of angst and hysteria has ensued and neither has
one of said chokes blown a hole in the world.
Balun Designs has tested their chokes and posted the graphs...they look
an awful lot like yours from a results perspective.

Of course there are always going to be the "Hey...watch this" crowd who
will load their legal limit amp into a wildly non-resonant unbalanced
antenna, like an end fed 10' piece of wire on 160m, and then blame the
choke when it melts down. They then run to E-Ham and post a not so kind
review for all the world to see I don't think VE7RF is in that crowd.

I don't want to see this turn into another holy war like the great VHF
Parasitic/Ni-chrome debate did 15 years ago.
It didn't end well and people still rip perfectly good suppressors out
of brand new amps to to buy Ni-Chrome and resistors from one of the
participants.

I have used your cookbook and the chokes work. Thank you for your time
an effort.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H