[TowerTalk] Reverse feed system...

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Apr 23 15:46:27 EDT 2016

The term, "Reverse Feed" confuses me a bit.

As Gene said, wire is "usually" cheap and can often be reused.
I no longer solder wire antenna connections, but use Brass or Copper,
Split Nuts.  Unfortunately, in this area Copper wire may not be reusable
if it's been up for a month or more. It gets a rough, black oxide that
can make getting good connections with the split nuts difficult and
impossible to solder.  The best bet for when that happens is to dip a
couple inches of the wire end into Muriatic acid to get a clean copper.
Of course the wire then needs to be washed thoroughly to remove all
traces of the acid.

NOTE: When using strong acids, use the appropriate safety gear.  A
partial list: Face shields, safety goggles, rubber gloves, and a good
size bottle of Sodium Bicarbonate dissolved in water to neutralize any
spills or drops on clothing or skin.  Acid is dangerous!

I normally use hard drawn, stranded antenna wire as my center fed
slopers are under enough tension that soft drawn wire (Romex) will
stretch considerably.

73

Roger  (K8RI)